Latest Updates

Rich Alvarez Newest Giant

Thursday, October 30, 2008 , Posted by dAVe at 9:53 PM


Purefoods get another Barako in the person of Rich Alvarez. The 2004 number one draft pick is now with Purefoods in exchange for the Giants' 1st round pick in 2011.

The Giants holding a 2-4 win-loss card this season lacks a legitimate small forward and Rich might just be perfect to fill the position. I think Rich is an active defender. He has the height and speed to keep up with speedy forwards in league. Rich reunites with former Barako-mates Topex Robinson, Enrico Villanueva, and Paolo Bugia. This reunion is a hidden advantage. This four players can inject something new to Purefoods.

I expect Purefoods to start string some wins from here on. Rich might just be the missing puzzle.

My shot: This is definitely a positive move on the part of Purefoods. Rich can provide defensive intensity and energy just like what Pingris used to provide for Purefoods. I just hope he can stay healthy and improve on his offense. I think he's worth Purefoods' 2011 1st round draft pick. On the Red Bull side, I just don't know what the management is up to. I guess they're cooking something big for next year.

*With the addition of Rich Alvarez, Purefoods also acquire a new celebrity fan in singer Kyla, Rich's girlfriend. hehehehe

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment